10 October 2007

It’s all in there. . .

Well, almost. Being done with my classes is a wonder. I can sleep late and do nothing all day long if I choose. It’s just great. Eventually, this will end because I really need to get back on the cleaning, but for now it’s good. I’ve been doing things I would have never thought of doing when school was in session.

For example, last weekend I hung out with a friend (old classmate) all day on Saturday. We stopped by the school and handled some business for her. Then we took a leisurely ride on surface streets from Beverly Hills to The Bridge…I think it’s technically Culver City, but with LA you never know. We had lunch at a pie restaurant and then saw Transformers at the IMAX theatre. It was great! Then on the way home I convinced her to stop by Beard Papa so I could get some cream puffs. I’m not sure why I wanted them, and I only took one bite of each and pitched the rest, but it was a nice ending to a good day.

On Sunday I got up late and lounged around. I knitted a bit and then decided to take pictures of my stash until I ran out of batteries or patience with the process. I got it all done….well almost all done. I’ve pretty much photographed (poorly) the portion of my stash that’s in my bedroom—which is my main storage area. There were two or three bits in there that I’m on the fence about whether to admit they live with me. The only thing left to do is the stuff that’s stuffed behind the couch in the living room. I think there are more UFOs there than actual stash, but I may just surprise myself.

There isn’t much else going on in my world. I need to find friends to go to school with me to practice my scanning, and the difficulty in that is I need them to be NPO…which means early morning visits on the weekend with the promise of breakfast/brunch/lunch on me post scan. Does anyone wanna help me out? :)

I’ve been finishing things up. I finished the birthday socks, the crazy socks and the Swallowtail Shawl. I’ve also finished the body of the sweater for my dad and am almost halfway down one of the sleeves. I’m worried that the sleeves will be a bit tight if I reduce them the way the pattern reads. I think I’ll follow it to the letter and if I have to rip back I’ll feel okay about it.

Well, I should look like I’m working. This morning has dragged on…it’s only 9:40ish. Which means I’ve got at least seven hours to go….. **sigh** Well, there’s always the SnB to look forward too, and the reading by Crazy Aunt Purl tomorrow!


Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like you've been a busy bee with your knitting Tevana.

Hope all is well with you.


11 October, 2007 05:06  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yeah, you need to change my site address.

I know, I have so many changes lately.


11 October, 2007 05:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home