21 August 2007

Where Have I Been?!?!

Here are just a couple of the reasons I’ve been MIA....can you see them?

I got thru the organ rearranging just fine….the post-op gas was quite painful, but I survived it. It’s the dehydration that I have a problem with. It’s been difficult to drink as much as I need to drink, plus I got terribly nauseous and that made me not want to drink…at all….which lead to dehydration. So I was sent back to the clink [aka: Hospital].

I survived that too, but came home looking like a bit of a junky. I’m not sure you can see the marks, but my arm is quite the palette of color. The base color is brown, as you know, and my enhancements are greenish and purple today. Let me just say that IVs are difficult to put in on dehydrated patients…and if the patients start crying it means they’re losing more fluid and becoming even more dehydrated. Don’t let them do this to you…..that’s all I have to say.

I have been knitting during all of this. You know, in hopes of maintaining the shred of sanity I had…I’m not sure if it worked, but I did make a nice pair of socks. I also finished two other socks…they’re singles, but will soon be paired off....no SSS for me!


These are the second iteration of the Embossed Leaves Socks from IK Winter 2006 (I think). The first pair was too large and need to be frogged and re-knit. I’m not looking forward to that, but they’re a gift, so I must. These I took four stitches out of the pattern and they fit beautifully. That’s what I’ll need to do with the other ones.






You can't really tell from these shots, but these are gorgeous. I couldn’t get nice shots of them…not that I tried very hard, but I think even if I had there’s no way I could have captured the richness of the color of the yarn. It’s an almost solid forest green with flecks of lighter color that range from light green to yellow. It’s beautiful. I made them as a gift for my friend who was coming out to spend my birthday and surgery day with me. She didn’t make it, but was here in spirit…Her socks are now done. I just need to send them off to her.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is SO good to hear from you.

22 August, 2007 10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home