15 September 2006

New Project

I'm tired of making socks....well, I'm tired of making the socks I've been making. I think it's because they remind me of school and my lack of sleep, but I'm not sure. I've decided to start something that will take a long time (possibly forever), and be very pretty if I ever do finish, that gets gradually more difficult. I'm hoping that by the time I really need help Dixie will be available.

I've just purchased this pattern:





It's a whole lot of stockinette, which I think will do me some good as long as my hands don't ache on the purl rows. I think Mim's work is gorgeous, and she very kindly wrote and told me not to be afraid of her charts because they don't bite. Hopefully, I'll be able to do this, this is the simplest of her designs....only three charts. She designed Icarus in Interweave Knits.

I'm doing it in Knitpicks Shadow in Sunset. I've had the yarn for a while, it's not as dark and richly red as it looks on the screen but nice enough. So, hi ho hi ho it's off to lace I go....wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa!! good luck! that is beautiful. I love Mim's patterns.
I had to frog her Eleonora socks because Knitpciks palette sucked
for them..

16 September, 2006 07:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!! I want to see it on Wednesday. Have you started already?

17 September, 2006 18:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been pretty withdrawn lately... but once term starts, my Thursday afternoons will end at 6 and I will be able to hop out the door to S&B once again.

I miss y'all.

21 September, 2006 14:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home