17 June 2008

Update

There are constant discussions about how to define a WIP (work in progress) and a UFO (unfinished object). In my humble opinion, a WIP is something that I have every intention of finishing and soon. A UFO is something that I started and abandoned and may or may not finish up…ever.

With this distinction in mind I would like to point out that I have seven WIPs going. Well, really just six because all I have to do for one is weave in the ends.

My six projects, as named on Ravelry, and their status are:

1. My Mystery Pi: I saw this mystery shawl KAL and decided I needed to do this. I’m not sure why. PLUS I bought new and interesting yarn to make it. I did learn something new…a circular cast-on with laceweight yarn. This is the thing that has prevented me from making The Veil of Isis. Now that I’ve got it –ahem—mastered I will start the Veil of Isis with less apprehension. That project scares me but I WANT it….just like I want the Forest Path Stole…but that’s another story. I have finished the first clue. It took me two tries because I was talking on the phone, but it was done pretty quickly. I figure she’s easing us into some massive chart as not to scare off knitters new to lace. I was stunned to see people having trouble with this first clue. I guess there’s no gauging what will be considered easy to everyone.



2. Oblique in Aporto: I liked this sweater as soon as I saw the pattern on Knitty, but figured there was too much of me to look good in that sweater. Well, there is less of me now and Webs had a sale and I’ve started this sweater. I have stopped working on this sweater so that I can finish another WIP that I’m sick of looking at…..

3. Maddie’s Verde: I can’t even talk about this. All I can say is that I thought it would be so much easier. I’m on square 11 of the 12 and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.



4. Nan’s Baby #2 Blanket: I have a friend in NY that I thought would never marry or have children. I was wrong. I needed a blanket for her second child and decided crochet would be a good idea. I’m not crazy about the yarn worked up, but it’s almost done. I just need to get to finishing it up. I think what stalled me is not knowing what to do about the edge. Most of the time I don’t bother with any finishing of crocheted blankets, but I feel like this one needs an edge and I’m not sure what to do. I still haven't taken a picture of this...

5. Marine Shawl: This is Juno Regina from Knitty by Miriam Felton. I just KNEW I was going to get the monster part of this shawl completed while I winged my way to NY LAST DECEMBER…didn’t happen….the best laid plans, right? So, I’m in that center section….forty-two inches of what is basically stockinette…but oh so easy to fuck up. I want to get it done, but it’s just not happening.
6. Morandi Montego Bay: This is a scarf pattern from Interweave Knits….maybe Summer 2008…it’s pretty and seems to be a good fit for this yarn…which I love, but has given me horrors in finding a suitable pattern. Hopefully, it will soften up a bit in the wash and be a joy to wear.

There you have it. An update on my work....I know a little short on pictures, but I have my limits...check Ravelry to see more. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gmail Joekerr10 said...

Tevana! I found your blog, it looks like you haven't updated it in a while and I hope you get this message. I'm someone you may have lost contact with a while back. If you curious who it is email my gmail account (joekerr10). It's a new one, so you will not know who I am until I tell you!!!!

20 December, 2010 16:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home