09 March 2006

No other way to describe it

I made an error, actually, to be blunt I fucked up a project....and I mean ROYALLY FUCKED IT UP. No, I don't have pictures of my fuck up. The batteries in the camera were dead when I realized my, ahem, error. I've pulled it out and hopefully I can salvage this mess.

As you all know I've let my hair grow. It's stressful, and worse than having hair is not having someone to do a decent job on it. I found a woman in North Hollywood to braid it and it looked amazing! I'd decided I would make a baby sweater for her. She's VERY pregnant, and while I feel guilty being her last customer before she goes out on maternity leave, I can't walk around with my hair all jacked up for very long, so I'm making her work tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, I started the sweater the day after she did my hair the first time, that's how pleased I was with the results. I was so focused on not messing up the mock cable pattern and the raglan sleeve decreases that I didn't focus on the sizes of the pieces. Is it starting to come in to focus for you now? Yeah, the back was done in size M (middle number if you'd like) and the fronts (it's a cardigan) & sleeves were done in the small count. Yeah. So the back is like an INCH longer than the front. Christ!

Can you imagine how I felt at 10:30pm last night after working on it feverishly at the SnB (while flirting with the cutie at the next table), AND bumming yarn off of Nic just to be sure I had enough? Christ. I actually had to measure the back, just to be sure, that I had indeed fucked it up in this manner. Christ!

So, I've pulled back the extra inch, and now have six extra stitches along the neck line. I'm just going to knit one more row and combine some stiches and hope that it doesn't look like a friggen cowl! Fuuuuuuuuuck!

And I was trying to cut back on the cursing. **sigh**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had NO idea, NO idea, that you went through this turmoil to finish this. Geeeeez. And the result- the prettiest baby cardi
ever! what perseverance, what tenacity. I would have thrown the
object into a corner for it to gather dust!

10 March, 2006 05:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tevana, I feel so bad for you. I'm sure you can make it work. It looked so good Wed. night. I'm sure your hairdresser will like it, she won't know that you messed up!

10 March, 2006 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home