25 January 2006

Success with Socks!

OMG!!! I have wanted to take a picture like this for some time now. I've been secretly coveting Dixie's socks (I'm not sure if it started with that post where she washed and hung her socks on the home made hangers or before, but it's there) and now I have made some of my own...I won't, however, be keeping this pair. My first pair. :) They're going to Madeline. I'm not fond of the yarn (Lumber Jack Black), and she is, so she gets them. So, here now is a picture of my feet in socks that I made! (just imagine the trumpets in your head like I do)



Okay, I've been labeled a finisher of projects....and in line with that thought I've finished a scarf for myself (no pic). It's a navy blue speckled thing. I've had the wool for YEARS. I bought it to crochet with, but it puffed in spots and wouldn't work for the project I had in mind so I bagged it up and stashed it in disgust. Last week's cold spell got me to thinking about how I only have one scarf and it does NOT match everything I wear, so more scarves for me. I've got a multidirectional one on the needle now, but I need another ball. It's the Futura di Crosa 127 Print in black. I like it, alot. I also started a plain black one out of Simply Soft, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it....I'll probably be pulling it out yet again.

I finished the pieces for Tara's sweater, but haven't put it together yet...perhaps this weekend. I think that's all the finishing I've done lately.

The two crocheted afghans, and the knitted one are still looking at me accusingly.

I also started another pair of socks for myself. They're out of Lion Brand Magic Stripe in Sea Blue Stripe, and I'm using the Broadripple Pattern from knitty.com. I've put them down in an effort to finish a brown hat I started for Teresa over a year ago.

Work has settled down a bit, and conversations with Heather of the Burbank SnB and Daniella of the Atwater SnB have helped me decide to go to Maric for that Ultra-sound program. I may keep this job while going to school because it's just easier with all of the variables involved. Just let me vent if I need to!

Next on the needles, Chemo Caps for Karen's cause, and a scarf for my aunt Lorie.

tb

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay socks!

26 January, 2006 10:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Tevana! I hope you know I mean "finisher" as a compliment. I wish I could make everything that you do!

29 January, 2006 18:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home