27 November 2005

29% Stupid....

Well, I like to think that 29 is my favorite number....is this good or bad? I did say I would post it, so here it is. I just want you all to remember, I ARE A COLLEGE GRADUATE!


The Stupid Quiz said I am "Fairly Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!


I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. I ended up at a 'family' gathering. It's an odd family bunch that I'm a part of. Lots of actors and entertainers....quite a motley crew, but they're great. It was hosted by Rashawn & Sharnette. Also attended by my brothers, Ivan & Kasan, they're families and lots and lots and lots of other people. Lots of food and laughter, low on the drama this year. :)

Okay, on to the needle news. I've finished the stocking....well, as of this moment, all of the cross-stitching is done, and I've washed and dried it. I need to iron it, and go down to Tara's to get it put together. As far as I'm concerned it's done. Here are the pictures of it complete, pre and post washing. The colors looked really bright and vibrant after the wash, and it didn't even threaten to bleed...if it had I may have had to slit my wrists. I'll post the final product after it's done:







I finished the hat for Cathy's baby too. She probably knows she's getting no gifts for herself this year. The hat is from Straw.com. It's a free pattern for a Crystal Palace yarn, the Iceland Tri-Cornered Hat. I used Lion Brand Landscapes, because I couldn't find the Iceland in any of the colors I liked (not that I looked very hard). It took one ball and I was happy. I want one for myself, but feel like I'm too old for it. I'll decide shortly. Here it is:





I learned how to make and i-cord and do kitchner with this one.


I've also been working on the three afghans I said I had to whip out. I don't think Danielle is going to let me live that one down. **sigh** They're coming along nicely, I think. I've got the Cape Cod Blue Perfect Match one for Gab & Brian, the Autumn Red Simply Soft one for Tooraj and Lester and the Trade Wind Rainbow Dream one for Tara.

The Simply Soft is fabulous! It's a great color and of course super soft. It's a front post double ripple pattern, and I finally found the yarn in Walmart out in Victorville.....YES, Victorville. The Cape Cod one is nice too, I'm not crazy about the feel of Perfect Match as I'm working with it, but it softens up so nicely when it's washed it's worth it. The Rainbow Dreams is definitely a crunchy acrylic. I'm not in too deep to stop, but these are definitely her colors. Maybe I'll show it to her and ask how she feels about it. It will kill the surprise, but at least I'll know if she likes it.

Here they are:






I think that's all I've got today. I finished up the Red Heart Baby hat and the i-cords look weird....too thin. I'm giving it to her just like that. I want to make one for myself out of this Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk I have, but I swear I'm afraid to use the stuff, and the sizing maybe an issue. You'll know what I decide when I do.....It's also in the Salmon family, and I would want a matching scarf...ugh, what to do!!! Buy it in black and let it go, right? ;)

Well, I'm limping off to Tara's now. I fell down last night. Sprained my right foot and busted up my left knee...I'm a real mess!

All for now, ttfn!
tb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home