09 October 2006

School & The Seraphim

School started on Saturday. It seems like it's going to be a good session. I heard a rumor that the disrespectful old man (he actually rolled his eyes at the teacher because she said she didn't have the handouts to email to him electronically because he doesn't want to have to deal with the paper, ugh!) might be moving to another class because he said the teacher isn't clear and the class is mean to him. Good riddance I say...we can defend the teacher later but I'm not sure how much longer I can supress the urge to hurl things at him across the room...or worse, stand up and berate him for his disrespectful behavior...he'd say I was doing it just because I'm black, and it seems as though he's not very fond of the brown people...although he is REAL interested in Chinese girl in the class.

I really like the teacher. She's with us for lecture & lab...I've had my uterus scanned...at least six times this weekend. Did you know that you have to have a full bladder in order to get an image of the uterus transabdominally...yeah, neither did I until they gave me the order to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water during lunch to prepare for the scanning. It was a traumatic weekend, my stomach has been seen now by more people than in my entire life. **sigh** Maybe it will help me get over my body issues. We'll see. I've also got to allow my boobs to be scanned at some point...talk about public displays.

The Seraphim

I haven't touched it in a week. I've been trying to clean up my WIPs and I finished one yesterday...well, I finished the knitting portion, I need to actually finish it now. I'll tell you more about that later.

I have to pay very close attention to the Seraphim now. I'm on the first chart and it is just a series of holes I'm adding, but if I don't perfect the practice of reading the chart on this one I will have problems on the next one, and it is much more complicated.

Here's my progress on the Seraphim...please note my lifeline (cut in the middle cause I strung it thru the stitch markers and didn't remember I wasn't supposed to do that until I was starting to knit the next row...yeah), and my stitch markers, little rubber orings:



I'll do my best to get a better picture soon, but the shawl is now longer than the needle so it may be impossible.

Charity Knitting
I also finished the solider scarf. I'm going to have to find out where to drop it off or send it.


It was a quick knit. It gives me a little hope for the one I need to make for Lester, if it only takes me twice the amount of time to do Lester's as it did for this one I should be done in less than a week. As for now I'm waiting for the Swish to arrive from Knitpicks. During this wait I really should decide if I'm going to try something complicated for Tooraj.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I am back and trying to catch up on blogs. Yours always amuses me! your sock sale nirvana had me LMAO and I loved your great
b-day pics. Good job at school- great that you guys can be checking up on each other's
healthy organs ;) see you soon!

17 October, 2006 04:28  
Blogger Charles said...

Hey~~ Hi!!!

This is Charles!!!
I
am having new knit exchange..just wanna share with you!!!! "Warm Winter Exchange"
I made a all the info about the "Warm Winter Exchange"

Visit my blog: http://charleslifeknitting.blogspot.com/

It will be really fun!!! Sign up!!!

Thanks,
Charles

27 October, 2006 02:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home