24 April 2006

Sales Galore!

Hey! So, I'm at my new job and bored out of my mind...what better time to update the blog. Hope you don't mind the no pictures.

I've been thinking about separating myself from the SnB group.....not the Atwater group, the SnB LA board. I'm still pissed that neither of the moderators, that I wrote to directly, bothered to respond to my query about the commercial posting policy. Not even to tell me to bugger off. They COMPLETELY ignored me. I've only been hanging on for the sales notices from the LYSs.....what to do?

Any way, I got notification about two sales last week. A Mano Yarn has their sale going on now, it started yesterday, and I was there yesterday. It was a madhouse. I was given a plastic garbage bag and set free in the store. Lots of stuff at 40% off, including all of their Rowan, plus a ton of sock yarn. 20% off everything that wasn't 40% or clearly marked some other %-age off. Books and needles 10%...How can you beat that? I got $45 worth of sock yarn. Yes, Dixie, I've been converted, completely. Most of it was Sockotta (spelling?)...plus three skeins of Lang JaWool in Navy for my uncle socks.

Next weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Elegance Designer Yarns is having a sale....the mailer said up to 100% off...not sure what that means, but I'm assuming (read: hoping) that she's giving stuff away for free. Whatever, I'm going over to support Ashley. She's one of the nicest yarn store owners in this area. And her prices aren't bad either.

I've been working on Mother's Day gifts, beaded cuffs mostly. I stalled on Kasan's Fuzzy Feet, but I think I've completed my gusset decreases and just need to finish the foot and toe...I think. My Broadripple is languishing on the needles. I think I'm done with the gusset decreases on that too, and all that's left is to finish it. Why don't I put the time and effort into knitting for myself that I do for the stuff I'm going to gift? Well, I've got about 8 balls of Sockotta at home for me...so, I'll be focusing on gifts for me soon! Despite my "issues" with the Broadripple, I think I'm actually going to give these a go.

The afghans remain untouched. The cuffs are coming along exceptionally well, the navy blue one is my favorite so far, I'll have pictures soon. The beads for the spiral twist bracelet are too small so that means a trip to San Gabriel Bead Company! Whoo hoo!

I think that's all the news that's fit to print today. The new job is fine, just not a whole lot to do so far.

ttfn!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd post as "anonymous" but you'd know who it was anyhow.

Well, I can see you can post at work but can't e-mail me. :-< I feel like I have been....dumped. Give you an elevator and you go all out, right.

Glad to see that you asked L.A. SnB about the sale posts - I was beginning to think I missed something that changed. I'm getting bored with them too. Was kinda sweatin' it when you said SnB, glad it's not Atwater!!!! Atwater loves you!

I'm bored too. Let's tell them we're sick for the rest of the day and go knit somewhere.

Okay, socks????? I still haven't make my "sock" yet. It's kinda done....ribbing that is!

You didn't happen to mention HOW MUCH YOU SPENT? Over the ol' budget though, huh. But what the heck, it was a SALE - so you could buy twice as much.

Are you getting the hint to e-mail me privately yet???????????

Tootles~

Anonymous :->

24 April, 2006 12:18  
Blogger Danielle said...

If you do leave the SnB list I say you do it BIG....you know, drop a lot of "F" Bombs and stuff :-)

Yay on all the yarn, too. we also got Ashley's mailer but I don't think I can afford to go :-(
Even if she is giving away free stuff I'd probably still manage to spend a lot.

24 April, 2006 19:44  
Blogger Mia said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to say thanks, yeah, as in thanks a freakin' lot for that link you put on Crazy Aunt Purl's website.. you know.. the one about the southern funeral cooking.... I'm pretty sure I'll be putting on a few pounds as soon as that book comes in the mail..

Thanks for telling about it!!!

And I'm bored too... let's go with karen and knit...

10 May, 2006 05:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home