02 June 2006

I'm still around

Well, I haven’t blogged lately, but I have been working (HARD), and still knitting. Time just eludes me when it comes to blogging/writing...

Now for my knitting news. I started my Lady Eleanor. It’s from Scarf Style. I think it was the piece that ultimately sold me on the book. If you rememberI went to The Little Knittery and got some Silk Garden one day. I was going to wait until I could devote all of my time to it, and then begin. Who was I kidding? I couldn’t stand it anymore, so one day I sat and began my Lady E. I LOVE IT! I love this yarn, although it does this weird twisting on itself thing because of the short rows, I think. It’s absolutely gorgeous. I started it, toted it around for a while and then had to put it down. Did I mention I love it!

Here is progress so far:



I put it down to start Tooraj & Lester’s blanket. If you remember waaaaaay back in maybe September last year I was going to whip out a couple of afghans? Well I didn’t whip anything. Both of the afghans are still sitting in my knitting bag, unfinished. But then I saw a woman at the Burbank gathering making a baby blanket, round, in a deep red, and my mind wandered to the bag of Autumn Red Simply Soft languishing under my bed, and I was inspired. So, I started, with a bit of difficulty, the pinwheel baby afghan. The start went so quickly that I decided it was the project that Tooraj & Lester (my gay boyfriends in NY) would be getting. This picture is the early stage. I’ve since order extra long cords for my Denise set, and have had to join the 52” and 30” cords to keep the knitting manageable. It’s about 40 inches across now, just 32 more inches to go. I think it’s only going to take 3 skeins of the Autumn Red, so I can finish the crochet one at some point in the future. I REALLY hope they like this yarn.







Other than that it’s been sock. Lots and lots of socks. I finally finished the Broadripples, just need to weave in the ends. I’m no more excited about them now than I was when I finished the first one. I am excited at the notion of doing the Jaywalkers now. Clare inspired me. I like, really like, Grumperina’s designs, but the idea of doing another sock like the Broadripples made me cringe. However, Clare is doing such a bang up job on them that I think I’m going to use that very first sock yarn I bought way back in December at The Yarn Connection in NY.

Not much else going on. Work is good, and I’m much happier here than I was in Pasadena. I’ve been stocking up on yarn for “projects” lately, cause once I start school there will be little money and time to go looking for yarn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady E looks gorgeous.

03 June, 2006 10:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally a picture of Lady E.
It's really something else! I love it.

04 June, 2006 07:34  
Blogger Danielle said...

That Noro looks frigging amazing in that pattern.

05 June, 2006 18:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please bring Lady E to the Burbank snb on Wednesday. It's beautiful and I need to see it in person!

05 June, 2006 19:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home