22 January 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, I just got a comment on my cuffs, and I guess it's time for me to post. I was planning to sign off, but since you're still reading I'll stick with it.

I think I'll make a list...my thoughts at this moment in no particular order.

1) I thoroughly enjoyed all of the sleep I got over the holidays, but am now feeling quite sleep deprived. The break was too long. I got some cleaning done, and lots of knitting.

2) I did a little holiday knitting but not much. Luckily, all of the gifts were loved by their recipients except the brown and blue socks that went to Minnesota....I don't even know if they made it there. I guess it's time to make contact.

3) This quarter has started off swimmingly. I got an A on my first test in the lecture, but there are some concepts I didn't completely grasp and I need to know them for the future so this is going to be a little extra work for me.

4) My pc died the weekend school started. I have a new Dell Dimension E520, which I can't afford, but can afford even less not to have. I didn't realize how much of a research tool the pc was until it died and I got too busy at work to do my homework there.

5) It's my cousin's birthday. He was my stand-in after my brother stopped speaking to me. We moved to LA about a month apart in the same year. He used to tell me he would miss me when I left. He got out before I did and will probably be back before I can leave.

6) I'm cold. It's really cold in LA these days and my office can't seem to regulate the air. It's either way too hot or way too cold. **sigh** One never knows how to dress here since it can be 40 degrees when you leave in the morning and 90 degrees by lunch time. I miss NY.

I think that's all I've got on my mind today. That and my weight, but I won't be delving into that! Oh, and I need a hair cut which I think my brother will be kind enough to give me this evening.

My UFOs from 2006:

The Lady E....I don't want to talk about it.

The Seraphim ..I hope to have this done by the time my mother arrives in April so I can gift it to her in May for Mother's Day...not that she'll appreciate it.

Those Dark Navy socks I started for my uncle. I realized I don't even know where they are! Ugh!

The Ocean colored Sockotta socks I started for my aunt but decided to keep for me.

The Cape Cod Blue afghan for Gab and Brian....I don't know why I haven't been working on this! It's 30 degrees in my apt. Having that on my lap would be a pleasure these days.

I think that's it...well, it's all I can remember. I also started a sweater for Kasan's wife out of Natural Knits for Babies & Mom. It's coming along. Doesn't make sense to me, but it's coming along. I've got the back, one sleeve and a quarter of the front done. This one I swear will be done by the end of this month....ack! that's only a week away. **sigh** the road to hell and all that.

I hope you are all well and that the new year is treating you kindly.
My good energy goes out to all of you who've had losses...It will be okay. Don't worry!

always...and thanks for reading!
tb

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only managed to survive the cold with layers. Lots and lots of little layers so I can add and take away based on what's going on.

It's good to hear from you again. :)

23 January, 2007 10:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you figured out the short rows
for that bump sweater? it sure did not make sense.
As far as keeping up with the blog, I say it's mandatory for you because you are always working on beautiful things. Keep up the good work!

25 January, 2007 05:20  
Blogger Danielle said...

I still read "it". Can't seem to write it though. I feel like i've lost my words...
Miss you and I hope to see you soon.

26 January, 2007 19:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home